FoodSoftware.com offers complete professional restaurant server pager kits for the lowest prices anywhere! Compare: five-pager systems are normally sold by POS dealers for $900 - $1,200.
The Budget Butler 5-Pager System is one of our simplest and least expensive server pager systems. It is suitable for small restaurants and locations which are not shielded with steel walls. For larger restaurants or locations where range or shielding may be an issue, please see our LRS Restaurant Server Pager Starter Kit (5 Pager) and other server pager systems.
Replacing that old call bell or streamlining your entire operation? Restaurant server pagers alert your wait staff when food is ready so they can get it out fast and hot, yet spend more time with guests, improving customer service and increasing checks.
This server pager kit is very easy to install. No wiring, tools or electrician are required. Just plug in and go!
- Serve hot food hot, cold food cold and fresh food fresh.
- Prevent slow or forgotten orders.
- Reduce kitchen and dining room noise and chatter.
- Reduce kitchen crowding- keep the wait staff out until called.
- Increase serving speed.
- Increase customer satisfaction.
- Increase sales by giving servers more check-building time with customers.
This LRS Restaurant Server Pager Budget System consists of:
- Simple installation.
- UHF frequency (467 mhz) for effective penetration from steel-shielded kitchens (far superior to 27 mhz non-restaurant systems).
- Reliable and kitchen-hardened.
- User-programmable pagers (unlike competing systems which must be returned for reprogramming).
- 24/7 technical support.
- Immediate transmitter replacement (often overnight, with free shipping!).
- One-year warranty.
- 1 Butler II five button transmitter
- 5 "Star" pagers
- 5 pager belt clips
- 1 5-bay recharging station.
- 1 Butler II programming kit
Other System Sizes
See the links in the left margin under Server Pager Systems to go to listings for server pager systems of other sizes. You can see their prices and add them to your shopping cart from their respective pages. Call us at 805-375-7000 for quotes on unlisted systems.
Guest Pagers: See the links in the left margin under Guest Pager Systems for details about the LRS Coaster Call Guest Pager Starter Kits.
How Server Pagers Work
Server pagers are simple and effective: When a meal is ready, the cook presses a button on a transmitter in the kitchen and then a pager, worn by a server, vibrates silently to call the server to the kitchen.
Transmitters: Transmitters are usually mounted on a wall in the kitchen or prep station. The Butler II transmitter has five one-touch call buttons. Pressing a one-touch button sends a signal to the corresponding pager that makes the pager vibrate strongly but silently. The server will feel the vibration but there will be no pager sounds heard in your restaurant.
Transmitters are usually mounted on the wall with Velcro or screws (both included). Transmitters are powered by user-replaceable batteries so there is no need for a nearby power outlet. They are small, rugged and portable.
- 900 mW transmitter power
- Compatable with manager pagers (purchased separately)
Multiple Stations: You can call servers to three different locations. Transmitters can be programmed to send distinct signals so pagers vibrate from one to three times per call (i.e., one buzz for the kitchen, two for the bar, and three for cold prep). Lights on the pagers also show the transmitter call - one, two or three.
You can also have multiple transmitters in one location so one is always in arm's reach. Transmitters can share IDs (indicated by one to three buzzes).
Server Numbers: The one-touch buttons quickly call pagers 1 through 5. The system is not limited to these-- pager IDs can be 1 through 899.
This budget system includes five pagers. You can have any number of wait staff overall but you only need five pagers if you only have five servers on the floor at any given time. Servers can be assigned the pager's ID as pagers are handed out.
It's wise to have spares - additional pagers can be purchased individually. Though the pagers are rugged and can even be dropped into water (for a few moments), they may still be taken home or misplaced.
Pager belt holsters are used instead of belt clips. The pagers themselves do not have protruding parts so clips cannot be broken off. The starter kit includes spare belt holsters.
Charger: A 10-pager charger is included with the kit. It has status lights to show charging units. Pagers are fully charged in four hours and then can go up to 60 hours between charges. Pager batteries are good as long as five years.
- Strong vibration for silent alert
- Sturdy and reliable.
- Small and light: 3" x 2" x .75", 4 ozs.
- Indicator lights
- Calling stations are distinguished by vibration and light counts.
- Rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries for long battery life and no "memory" problems.
- Up to 60 hours on a single charge.
- Belt holsters instead of clips. Unlike most competitors' pagers, there's no worry about broken pager clips.
Transmitter (Butler II 5-Button)
- Easy to install and use
- Low cost
- Quality - it's durable and user-friendly
- No wiring required
- Battery Operated - 3 AAA batteries
- Compact - 1.5"w x 7"h x .875"
- One-touch operation
- Five programmable keys with customizable key labels
- Works with all LRS pager types
- Scalable - add units to the system at any time
- Extendable range - works with the LRS repeater transmitter to greatly increase range.
- Software available for custom message programming
- Messaging is detailed and fully customizable
- Programmable text messaging for alphanumeric pagers
- Programmable alert style for non-text pagers
- Flexible programming using your PC
- One user-configurable trigger port can be used to monitor doors and much more
- UHF Frequency (467.75 mgh)
- No monthly fees or dependence on area services.
- Charge up to 5 pagers simultaneously
- Full charge in 4 hours
- Stores pagers at full charge and does not overcharge
- Charging indicator lights
- Expandable to 25 pagers
Related ProductsOptional Extras: Your system can be customized or expanded and parts can be replaced with individual purchases of the following:
- Staff / Server Pagers
- Text Display Pagers
- Pager belt clips
- Power supplies
- Range Extension Devices
Pagers and System Expansion Kits
Star and AdverTeaser Pager Chargers
Spare Parts: Belt Clips, Power Supplies, Jumper Wires
- One-year warranty
- Immediate transmitter replacement (often overnight, with free shipping)
- Seven-day extended hours technical support
Delivery Time: Normal delivery with UPS Ground takes three to seven business days, depending on your location.
Rush Orders: If your order is urgent and you want assurance of immediate shipping, you must call us at 805-375-7000. Note that UPS only guarantees delivery dates for its overnight services.
Overnight Shipping: Overnight shipping is available for this item to most US locations. Friday overnight shipments are normally delivered on Monday unless Saturday delivery is requested by phone. Saturday Delivery, where available, is 50% more than regular overnight.
Returns: LRS Products are returnable within 14 days of delivery. Refunds are less shipping, 15% restock fee and charge card merchant fees (if applied).
US Delivery Only: Radio equipment regulations apply to pager systems and are such that we can only deliver LRS products to US addresses.