SmallPICS is powerful software built for wholesale bakeries' order entry, standing order, route accounting, production planning, invoicing and accounts receivable requirements. It is used by wholesale bread / pastry / cake bakeries which conduct both "guaranteed sales" (to supermarkets) and "non-guaranteed" sales (to restaurants).
SmallPICS' distinguishing feature is the ability to handle large numbers of standing orders that vary by day of the week (which is a typical need of wholesale bakers or food distributers). For example, a customer may have standing orders for 100 units on Monday, 200 units on Tuesday, 350 on Wednesday, etc. Of course, SmallPICs also handles daily, or non-standing orders that come in as they will.
SmallPICS is an amazing value for such industry-specific software. It compares directly to similar software that typically sells for $4,000 to $10,000 or more.
SmallPICS is downloadable for immediate delivery. (SmallPICS is only available by download.)
Specifically designed for the wholesale baking business, SmallPICS is most often used by:
- Wholesale bread bakeries.
- Wholesale pastry / cake bakeries.
- Wholesale donut shops.
- Independent bakery drivers (who purchase from bakeries and resell to restaurants and supermarkets).
- Wholesale food distributers.
Special Wholesale Bakery Features
SmallPICS has features which are vital to wholesale bakeries that are not available in general business accounting software. The most important of these are its ability to handle route accounting, guaranteed sales and standing orders.
Wholesale bakeries typically ship to either restaurants or supermarkets on daily delivery routes in quantities specified by standing orders. The amount of product baked and put on trucks for the routes has to be carefully calculated in advance. Sales to supermarkets are "guaranteed sales"; that is, guaranteed by the bakery to sell, and if not, the bakery takes back unsold product and credits the supermarket. Also, bakeries may need to estimate the quantity of product to deliver because the actual order size may be unknown until the driver gets to the store. Restaurant sales are "non-guaranteed", meaning that once product is sold, the bakery does not take it back. SmallPICS handles all of these typical wholesale bakery business situations with these special capabilities:
- Automatic generation of standing orders by day of week.
- Seven different standing orders per customer.
- Handles deliveries and returns required for processing "guaranteed sales".
- Handles standing route orders.
- Estimates orders for routes.
- Prints reports with special emphasis on route accounting.
- Allows as many (unlimited) different price lists as needed per customer.
- Includes full-featured integrated A/R.
- Allows unlimited shipping locations per billing account (such as when customers have many different locations such as supermarket chains)
- Credits and payments can float in system. (This is needed when payments come in but it unknown which invoices they are for.)
Order Entry Features
- Automatic generation of recurring orders.
- Previous customer orders are retained on disk, limited only by disk space.
- Simple review of previous orders.
- Easily copies previous orders to new orders.
- Generates detailed order summary reports.
- Change or cancel orders at any time.
Production Planning Features
- Generate products ordered totals for arbitrary periods.
- Prints packing slips.
- Prints route delivery reports.
- Prints product delivery labels.
- Includes a powerful label designer.
- Print on plain paper or any preprinted invoice form.
- Unlimited reprinting of invoices.
- Easy batch printing of invoices.
- Includes a powerful invoice designer.
Accounts Receivable Features
- Previous customer transactions are retained on disk (limited only by allocated disk space).
- Prints balance forward or open item statements for arbitrary statement periods.
- Prints aging reports as of any date.
- Automatic entry of COD payments.
- Maintains complete audit trail.
- Prints numerous detail and summary reports.
- Includes a powerful statement designer.
- Sales rep commission reports.
- Monthly customer sales rankings.
- Monthly product sales rankings.
- Weekly product order and shipping trend reports.
- Product summary by customer.
Guaranteed Sales Processing
- Easily enter product returns.
- Automatically generates credits from returns.
- Creates product returns reports by customer, product or route.
- Reports may be for arbitrary periods and may include any combination of days of the week.
- OS: 32-bit versions of Windows including Vista, Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP. (Windows 95 and Windows NT are not supported.)
- Processor Speed: At least 800MHz on both the server and each client, or on the single machine. Faster is better.
- RAM: At least 128MB of RAM on both the server and each client, or on the single machine. More is better.
- Disk Space: 300 MB minimum. If upgrading from SmallPICS 1.1, have at least 25% more free disk space than used by V1.1.
- Video: Requires screen resolution of at least 800x600. 1024x768 or higher is recommended. You will not be able to see all of some windows at 640x480 resolution.
- Network: For running on more than one machine, requires TCP/IP protocol installed. When running on a single machine no network is required.
SmallPICS 2.0 is designed as a client/server application. It can be run on a network or on a single machine. When run on a network, the server application runs on the server, and the client application runs on each workstation (you can also use the server machine as a workstation by running a client on the server machine). When run on a single machine, both the client and server run on the same machine.
Additional User Fee: There is a $399 charge for each additional network user.
Annual License Fees: $400/yr after the first year. There is also a $25/yr fee for each additional network user.
This item has a 45-day money back guarantee (excluding shipping).