These Microsoft Excel workbooks were developed and designed for chefs and managers who want to create fully costed and printable weekly staffing schedules for each job category in their restaurant. Two workbooks are provided; one for the kitchen and the other for front of the house staff.
The spreadsheets come with detailed instructions. They can easily be customized by an experienced Excel user. Simply unprotect the worksheet, make your changes and then re-protect it again.
The files are downloadable for immediate free delivery.
- Creates weekly schedules for each job category in the restaurant (e.g., cooks, dishwashers, servers, bussers, bartenders, hosts).
- Includes each employee's hourly pay rate, daily and week-to-date total scheduled hours, and daily and week-to-day shift total dollars.
- Accounts for both regular and overtime hours scheduled with associated dollar costs for each.
- Provides a detailed weekly summary for each employee, job category and the department as a whole (kitchen or front of the house).
- Produces three daily and weekly measures of labor productivity based on the schedules you create and manual inputs of daily sales forecasts and "covers".
- Prints a legal size weekly schedule for posting and employee viewing (without and reference to associated pay rates or shift dollars).
- Offers simple documentation to allow your first schedule to be created in moments.
- Includes pre-scheduled "sample" worksheets for both the kitchen and the front of the house.
Images below are from the Front of the House Schedule Workbook
Restaurant employee schedule. Click to enlarge.
The image above shows only the server job category portion of the worksheet. Click here or on the image to view the entire worksheet in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf).
Use the Zoom button on the Acrobat tool bar and the scroll bars for a larger and complete view of the entire worksheet.
Restaurant employee schedule example. Click to enlarge.
The image above shows only a portion of the printable version of the schedule used for posting.
Click on the image to view the entire worksheet in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf).
Use the zoom button on the Acrobat tool bar and the scroll bars for a larger and complete view of the entire worksheet.
Labor "productivity" measures are based on manual inputs of forecasted sales & covers and scheduled wages on a daily and combined weekly basis.
The workbook summarizes all scheduled employees by job category and indicates both regular & overtime hours and dollars for the week ahead.
Note: You must have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer to utilize these spreadsheets.
If you're interested in The Schedule Planner & Writer for Excel see these other products here at FoodSoftware.com: